[CMake-Promote] Tracking the logo

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:19:53 EST 2005

William A. Hoffman wrote:

>At 03:51 PM 12/17/2005, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>

>>The logo quality also needs to be improved.  There is noticable "ringing" in the logo of the cmake.org homepage; at present, high-res is clearly not high-quality.
>>

>I am not sure I agree, the hi-res is very clear if you view it at its native resolution.

I have discovered that Netscape displays poor quality images by default,
to speed downloads.  Hitting Shift+R improves the quality.  The main
logo at cmake.org doesn't look so good if this is not done.  I don't
know why it doesn't incrementally grab a better image.  Netscape and
Opera's behavior in this regard is not so important; I am more concerned
what IE and Firefox's behaviors are.

>However, if you resample an image, text always gets some noticeable artifacts.  We have
>the photoshop file here, so we can generate the log at any size needed.

I wonder if a SVG version would be useful.  I'm not sure how widespread
SVG has become yet.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every
"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur