[CMake-Promote] Usage Statistics

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Dec 19 12:07:15 EST 2005

At 07:05 PM 12/18/2005, you wrote:
>http://www.realmeme.com/Main/miner.jsp has a tool called the "Meme Miner" that can be used to search for trends about tech stuff, like CMake.  I would suggest that the people most interested in collecting statistics, go play with this tool, and tell us what your results are.
>Also locate any other tools of a similar nature that are useful for getting a picture of CMake's popularity or lack thereof.

There is something odd about that meme page.  For almost any term I can think of the
graph always drops off around Apr 2005.  Try putting in google and creat a memgraph for
it and although the numbers are bigger, the graph is the same shape as CMake.
(peaks around Jul 2005, and heads for zero in Oct 2005.

Kitware also keeps some download stats for CMake.

Here is some data through July:

       May   June  July
Mac      7     7      6
Source  89    66     16
Unix    29    28     28
Windows 48    52     36

(The CMake source download rate is not decreasing. The average was about 20 from January to April, with a sudden burst in May and June. )

These are all downloads per day from public.kitware.com.  So, it looks like around
100 cmakes of various flavors per day.   I will try and get the data for the rest
of the year.

-Bill