[CMake-Promote] Some possible testimonials

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Dec 15 22:23:21 EST 2005

Here are a few good things I have found people saying about CMake on the web:

I've been playing with the Xcode generator off and on for the past
month. I found it surprisingly good at handling my projects. The big
thing that is missing for me is that for executables, it currently
only creates flat unix executable targets instead of app bundle
targets even if you specify the MACOSX_BUNDLE target. I haven't had a
chance to see if I could enhance the generator myself. I know they
would really like additional help.

But CMake is great because it makes that whole silly debate about
Makefiles vs IDE, command line vs GUI, etc,  a moot point. CMake lets
you decide what you want your build system to be. And if somebody else
doesn't like it, they can generate their own build system from the
same project description.

-Eric

>From Pythonmac mailing list:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2004-October/011832.html

I have should have just trusted my build system.  CMake rocks!
(www.cmake.org)  I had already gotten Qt and vtk installed and I had to
tell it where vtk lived but it found all the correct python and Qt
settings all on its own.  Very cool.  I've already got it built and
running.

	Thanks,
		Karl

>From cmake list:
Hello,

I want to share success of CMake in Kerio Technologies with you.
I am member of Librarian team (writing components for other teams). We
are using CMake already (about 1 month).

This week I had presentation of CMake for other teams here. All teams
was surprised by CMake and all teams declared that they will use it.

Now all VOIP products of Kerio Technologies are also compiled by CMake.

CMake is great software. Thank you for it.
--
                                  Petr "Fers" Ferschmann

http://ncmi.bcm.tmc.edu/homes/stevel/EMAN/doc/download.html

As of version 1.4, EMAN is switching from GNU configure to CMake for cross-platform configuration. While this does add an extra step to the compilation process, installing CMake is quite trivial. CMake has proven to be much more reliable than configure. CMake can be downloaded from www.cmake.org, or may be included as an optional package with your OS.