[cmake-developers] Git for windows patch

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Fri Jan 15 10:05:03 EST 2016

Hi Kanstantin,

Thanks for the feedback.  The location of git that I have always used is
"C:\Program Files [(x86)]\bin\git.exe".  Looking at the git installation,
there is another executable "C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd\git.exe", but I
have never pointed CMake at that one.  What is the difference between the
two?  I can change the patch to use the other one, but I'd like to
understand why it is necessary.

Thanks,
Shawn