[cmake-developers] Git for windows patch

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Thu Jan 14 18:48:59 EST 2016

Hi,

Recently I had to build a project on windows whose build required git.  And
even though I had installed git from here [1] in the default location, I
had to tell CMake where to find it every time I did a build in a clean
build tree.  So here is a patch that tells CMake to look in the default
install location for Git for Windows [2] when asked for git.  I have tested
it on my windows machine and it works there.

Shawn

[1]: https://git-for-windows.github.io/
[2]: C:\Program Files\Git\bin\git.exe ('Program Files (x86)' for older
versions or 32 bit systems)