[cmake-developers] remove obsolete link directories from SunOS.cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Nov 16 10:42:32 EST 2015

On 11/13/2015 05:40 PM, A Chin wrote:
> I tested using Solaris Studio 12.4 on our latest Solaris development release,
> post Solaris 11 Update 3.
[snip]
On 11/13/2015 03:05 PM, C Bergström wrote:
> At a glance - I'd 1/2 agree with you on what SS will do.
> /opt/SUNWspro/lib /opt/SUNWspro/prod/lib - These or corresponding dir/
> should be added automatically
>
> /usr/ccs/lib - I don't know if this will be added by default. crle
> isn't showing it on a default system. I didn't check the SS link line.

Please check CMakeFiles/*/CMake{C,CXX}Compiler.cmake to see what
CMAKE_<LANG>_IMPLICIT_LINK_DIRECTORIES are detected.  The detection
logic that populates these works from the actual toolchain and
supersedes the need for CMAKE_PLATFORM_IMPLICIT_LINK_DIRECTORIES
to be hard-coded with such entries.

If the detection logic is working well then there is no need to keep
the hard-coded setting even if the values were still needed on older
systems.  I've applied the change accordingly:

 SunOS: Remove obsolete Studio compiler library directories
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=6772913f