[cmake-developers] New no-soname-option topic for e.g. Android

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:41:46 EDT 2014

On 28.05.2014 17:18, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 16:57:28 +0200, Nils Gladitz wrote:
>> I assumed that because people kept removing the soname options for their
>> Android toolchains that SONAMEs aren't supported at all.
> No idea.

There hardly seems to be any documentation on it but I'm guessing
SONAMEs (just as RPATH/RUNPATH) are ignored by the loader but the
SONAMEs don't hurt it and are still nice to have for the (build time)
linker so that no workarounds for linking by path are required.

Android's own buildsystem seems to reject any shared library not ending
on .so.

Nils