[cmake-developers] New no-soname-option topic for e.g. Android

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed May 28 11:18:26 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 16:57:28 +0200, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> I assumed that because people kept removing the soname options for their
> Android toolchains that SONAMEs aren't supported at all.

No idea.

> It however looks like they just can't have versioned names.
> Perhaps ignoring the VERSION/SOVERSION properties would suffice since
> the default SONAME should work which would make this topic superfluous
> at least for android.
> It sounds like you probably already have all of that covered.

Here's the commit which added it to my working branch:

    https://github.com/mathstuf/CMake/commit/d4a2a23b9d500434e294ad2b8515731aeaee7c30

For the lazy, the commit message:

     Android: Support sonames on Android

     This is actually required because without it, the APK will be
     bundle up any library linking to a library without a SONAME with an
     absolute path.

I don't know about SOVERSION; the project I'm using it with[1] isn't
using it.

--Ben

[1]https://github.com/mathstuf/abagames-gunroar