[cmake-developers] Compiler features/extensions remaining/future issues

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Jun 9 11:16:49 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 07:46:42 -0400, David Cole wrote:
> > Can you create an sscce?

Not really. The wall time impact is only really visible on sizeable
projects and the jitter in the time can be masked in smaller projects.
The smallest you're probably going to get is VTK without searching for
projects.

Other projects which might be of interest to test for performance impact
would be the larger KDE projects (at least kdelibs, kde-workspace, and
KDevelop are likely), and LLVM.

> Sounds like just downloading ParaView, ITK or Slicer, and configuring
> it with CMake is the reproduce case. How much simpler and more
> stand-alone do you want it to be?

Specifically, ParaView should have Python bindings enabled. I haven't
tested ITK and Slicer is the Slicer-build directory inside of the slicer
superbuild (which you get by default from the source tree).

--Ben