[cmake-developers] Volunteering to maintain a new module: FindGSL.cmake

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:06:31 EST 2014

Brad King wrote:
> We're still learning the process of providing imported targets from
> find modules.  As evidenced by the recent trouble with FindOpenGL:

I think the 'normal' case of them is well understood, at least as evidenced
by the Qt4 and GTK2 imported targets, which are the most-complete
implementations.

The SDK library case is not well-handled yet indeed, but I don't find that
discouraging for the normal case, or something to discourage use of imported
targets from find modules in the normal case.

Thanks,

Steve.