[cmake-developers] Adding TIMEOUT to execute_process() in CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ID_VENDOR() ?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Aug 16 08:57:40 EDT 2010

On 08/15/2010 11:43 AM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> the "-v" option.
>
> When I do this with as, it just sits there and waits forever

It's blocking on stdin.  Try adding

  INPUT_FILE /dev/null

to the execute_process call.  Obviously this has to be switched on
if(UNIX) or something.

> So should a TIMEOUT be added to the execute_process() ?
> Maybe something like 30 seconds ?

It wouldn't hurt to add that too.  At least we will eventually
finish.  If RESULT_VARIABLE indicates a timeout then it should
also print message(WARNING) to report the problem to us.