[CDash] Database schema doesn't match the version of CDash

Sébastien Dinot sebastien.dinot at c-s.fr
Fri Mar 8 10:07:48 UTC 2019

Dear all,

As explained in my comment of issue #780 on Github
<https://github.com/Kitware/CDash/issues/780#issuecomment-469758443>, I
have a problem when updating the database schema.

I tried to migrate the dashboard of Orfeo Toolbox
<https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/> from CDash 2.2.3 to CDash 2.6.0. After
installing the sources of version 2.6.0 and following the instructions
given on the "Upgrading CDash
<https://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash:Upgrade#Upgrading_CDash>" page, I
visited the CDash maintenance page. I clicked a first time on the
"Upgrade CDash" button and the patches for the version 2.4 were applied.
I then clicked a second time and the following messages were displayed:

    Upgrading tables:
    Applying 2.8 patches:

    CDash Upgrade Successful.

As far as I know, the version 2.8 doesn't exist yet. So, this message is
surprising and, indeed, the following message still appears on the home
page:

    The current database schema doesn't match the version of CDash you
    are running, upgrade your database structure in the
    Administration/CDash maintenance panel of CDash.

What is the best way to correct this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Sébastien