[CDash] Submitting to sub projects via Curl

Wouter Klouwen wouter.klouwen at youview.com
Fri Aug 25 09:39:21 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I'm experimenting with a setup of CDash where I have one big project
containing a few hundred smaller projects.

The first thing I want to do is to use it to gather code coverage
metrics. I have a setup where Coverage.xml files are created for the
smaller projects.

For a variety of reasons that might not possibly make all that much
sense, mainly to do with ease of integration into our existing CI
pipeline, I'd like to curl to manually upload the result XML files,
rather than using the ctest and DartConfiguration.tcl.

There's a page on the wiki that indicated how do to a manual
submission*, which says to use a PUT and with curl, roughly translates into:

    $ curl -T /path/to/Coverage.xml
"http://hostname/submit.php?project=ProjectName&FileName=/path/to/Coverage.xml&MD5=somemd5"

This works fine for submitting into the main project, but with this
method I don't seem to be able to submit into a sub project, despite
adding "subproject=foobar" to the URL.
 From my reading of the PHP, it seems that only one code path actually
looks for the "subproject" parameter, and it's a POST submission.

Should I change to using a POST, perhaps I cannot use manual submission
with sub projects, or is there another solution?

Thanks in advance,

*: https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/CDash:XML#Manually_submitting_to_CDash
**: https://blog.kitware.com/additional-coverage-features-in-cdash/

This transmission contains information that may be confidential and contain personal views which are not necessarily those of YouView TV Ltd. YouView TV Ltd (Co No:7308805) is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales with its registered address at YouView TV Ltd, 3rd Floor, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6YT. For details see our web site at http://www.youview.com