[Cdash] Weekly tests easily overseen

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Thu Mar 22 07:37:40 UTC 2012

Hi David,

nice idea, I played around with it a bit. Unfortunately people would
still have to think about it explicitly, they could not use a link for their
daily work. This would work, if you could specify something like
"(builds since 1 week ago AND Weekly build) OR NightlyBuild OR
ContinuousBuild,
but I haven't found a way to specify a combination of AND and OR for
CDash rules. Then people could always use this link, whenever they want
to look at CDash, but with the available rules they would have to decide
"I want to look at the nightly tests" or "I want to look at the weekly
tests".
And if you want to explicitly look at the weekly tests you can also
simply press "Previous" a couple of times until you reach last weekend.

Martin

On 21/03/12 17:05, David Cole wrote:
> On the other hand, you could easily save a bookmark to a filtered page
> that shows results from a single machine for the last week.
>
> Here's an example filtered link to the CMake results for builds named
> "Windows-VS9-ninja" for all builds submitted after "1 week ago" :
>
>   http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake&filtercount=2&showfilters=1&filtercombine=and&field1=buildname/string&compare1=61&value1=Windows-VS9-ninja&field2=buildstarttime/date&compare2=83&value2=1%20week%20ago
>
> (To do this yourself, click "Show Filters", choose your parameters,
> and then click the "Create Hyperlink" button...)
>

> HTH,
> David
>

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Julien Jomier
> <julien.jomier at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> There is currently no way to make the test results visible for longer than
>> 24h since this timeframe is hardcoded in CDash. It would require some
>> efforts to make this configurable.
>>
>> It looks like the best option is to resubmit the test results every night
>> and as you mentioned you would need to tweak the XML files. You will need to
>> change the "BuildStamp" as well as the "StartDateTime" and "StartBuildTime"
>> (and the corresponding EndDateTime and EndBuildTime).
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>> Julien
>>

>> On 21/03/2012 15:26, Martin Apel wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> we are using weekly tests for long-running tests, which can only be
>>> carried out on weekends, not during our nightly builds.
>>> We start these tests on Saturday, but unfortunately test failures are
>>> regularly overseen, because CDash does not show the results
>>> on Monday anymore. The results are available for Sunday, but people tend
>>> to forget, they have to switch back to Sunday to see them.
>>> Is there any way to make test results visible for longer than one day?
>>>
>>> I also thought about resubmitting test results every night using a
>>> cronjob, but this would probably require some tweaking of the XML files,
>>> because they contain the build date. Would this be a possibility?
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Martin

Martin Apel
Software Architect
Phone:   + 49 8105 77266-53
E-Mail:  martin.apel at simpack.de

SIMPACK AG
Friedrichshafener Strasse 1, 82205 Gilching, Germany
info at simpack.de, www.simpack.com
Phone: + 49 8105 77266-0
Fax:   + 49 8105 77266-11

Executive Board: Dr. Alexander Eichberger, Dr. Lutz Mauer
Chair of Supervisory Board: Silvia Förster (CPA)
Commercial Register München HRB 181 229