[Cdash] What causes a new line to be made on the cdash summary page?

Ben Ratzlaff cdash at daishiva.com
Fri Sep 4 18:41:15 UTC 2009

We build our software from a number of different platforms. Each submission
from the script run by cron shows up on its own line.

When we come in at the start of the day, we find that something has broken
so we run the same build script by hand. Sometimes the resulting submission
will overwrite the previous nightly entry (resulting in no new rows on the
dashboard) and sometimes a new line is made (resulting in many new rows if
we dont get it right fairly quickly).

My question is what causes this behavior? We would prefer to only see the
most recent submission for a machine on the dashboard. Did I forget to set a
nightly_tag variable?

Thanks
-Ben