[Cdash] [Dart] Dart2 or CDash

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 06:25:39 UTC 2008

Dart / Dart 2 are pretty much deprecated. You should start directly with CDash.

CDash wiki is well hidden on kitware's wiki at:

http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash

Installation is a no brainer ! then all you have to do is create your
project from the cdash interface, somwhere at the end you will be able
to dwonload a ctest script that you should simply drop in your project
(don't forget to ENABLE_TESTING and INCLUDE(CTest) in cmake)... you
should be all done !

Once you have the ctest stuff activated in cmake, simply type 'make
help' and you should see all the target possible for teting purpose
(Nightly, Experimental...)

HTH
-Mathieu
Ps: could someone please fix the link cdash.org/wiki to point to
http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash and/or add a main cdash entry
from http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Nicholas Yue <yue.nicholas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am building an automated build system from the ground up and have
> come across Dart and CDash.
>
>  I noticed that the Dart mailing list is very quiet, is it because
> people are moving on to CDash.
>
>  I need to build a proof of concept to illustrate to the other
> developers about Dart/CDash
>
>  We have a couple of independent SVN projects (C/C++) which I'd like
> to be build automatically every night (minimal requirement) and
> continuously in the near future.
>
>  I am familiar with CMake and have already convinced them to migrate
> to CMake for their cross platform build.
>
>  I have difficulty wrapping my head around the concept of the
> submission because I thought it is the server which would fire off a
> build request to the client.
>
>  Is there a really simple step-by-step guide to build such a proof-of-concept?
>
> Regards
> --
> Nicholas Yue BSc (Hons) MACM
> Graphics - RenderMan, RIB, Visualization, OpenGL, netCDF
> Custom Dev - C++ porting, OSX, Linux, Windows

Mathieu