[cable] Tcl Wrapped ImageGaussianFilter & Questions

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 31 15:38:06 EST 2001

Luis,

> Is it true, then that in CABLE_CLASS_SET() the firt name given
> will still have a role similar to a C-typedef ?
>
> It is convinient in an application to call a type: "imageInputType"
> instead of "itkImage_uchar_3"...
Not quite.  The first name given will contribute to the tag for that entry
as the prefix before any tags coming from expanded sets ($foo
syntax).  Currently there is no way to given an explicit name, unless you
don't use any sets.  You could just do this, if you want:

CABLE_WRAP_TCL(FooTcl
  "imageInputType:itk::Image<float, 2>"
)

Another option is to rename the command in your Tcl
application.  Say itkImage_uchar_3 is the image type from the
CMakeLists.txt file.  You could just say

rename itkImage_uchar_3 imageInputType

at the beginning of the script.  This has the disadvantage, though, that
the script still has to know about the image type.  Perhaps we could add a
CMake command:

CABLE_TCL_ALIAS("itkImage_uchar_3 imageInputType")

The idea is that whenever a CABLE_WRAP_TCL command sees itkImage_uchar_3
as a tag, it would instead use imageInputType.  I'm hesitant to create
this, though, because I'm not sure how much CABLE-specific configuration
we want to do from CMakeLists files.  There is already support in the
CABLE config file format to add alternate names for a class.  The problem
is that right now CMake generates this config file based on the
CABLE_WRAP_TCL commands.  Thoughts?

-Brad