[vtkusers] VTK for visualizing 3D Networks

BennyS spiess.benjamin at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 15 16:55:57 EDT 2019

VTK - Users mailing list wrote
> Hi Benny,
> Have you seen this?
> https://www.westgrid.ca/events/westgrid_online_workshop_3d_graphs_networkx_vtk_and_paraview
> It certainly shows that what you want is possible....
> I'd also advise looking at more of the VTK examples - I think there's a
> Glyph Mapper which will change the size/color of the spheres based on a
> data value for you.
> HTH,
> Aron

Hi Aron, thanks for your response!
Yes, I've already came across this youtube tutorial/Powerpoint slides.
Unfortunately, most of the magic is part of his "writeObjects" functions,
which he does not show neither in his slides nor in his video. Afterwards,
he using the data and working on it using paraview.
My approach was (or still is) to do all work required in Python (.py).