[vtkusers] vtkm help with using the CleanGrid filter

sunayanag sunayanag at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 06:21:27 EDT 2019

Thanks for your reply Allie, I looked into the vtkmCleanGrid.cxx file and
tried to reproduce the code  :

auto fieldsFlag = tovtkm::FieldsFlag::None;
vtkm::cont::DataSet in = tovtkm::Convert(vtkMesh, fieldsFlag);
 //apply the filter
 vtkmInputFilterPolicy policy;
 vtkm::filter::CleanGrid filter;
filter.SetCompactPointFields(false);
auto result = filter.Execute(in, policy);

and end up getting the following error :
include\vtk-8.2\vtkm/internal/ListTagDetail.h(207): error C2027: use of
undefined type 'vtkm::cont::vtkmCellSetExplicitAOS'

I also tried using the directly the vtkmCleanGrid class, in this case it
worked where the output was of type vtkUnstructuredGrid which I converted
back to vtkPolyData using the vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter.

Thanks
Sunayana