[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] Transition to Discourse - thoughts from lurker

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Wed Jan 23 17:55:13 EST 2019

However, spammers don’t even need to harvest email addresses one by one. It is enough if a spammer subscribes to any of the VTK mailing list (there is no sophisticated anti-spam measures) and he gets access to email addresses of all the other subscribers. See for example the 3000+ email addresses listed at https://vtk.org/mailman/roster/vtkusers:

[cid:image001.png at 01D4B342.4BFD6C60]

On discourse your email address is never publicly disclosed and many spam countermeasures are implemented. If you have privacy or security concerns then you should welcome the switch to discourse.

Andras