[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] Transition to Discourse - thoughts from lurker

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 17:03:03 EST 2019

Hi Paul,

As far as I understand, Kitware is running Discourse on their own server.
So even if it is bought out, Kitware can continue to use the version that
they currently have and fork/patch it as necessary.  And I'm sure that if
anyone audits the Discourse code base and finds that it is leaking
analytics to someone, Kitware would be happy to plug the leak.

In any case, there's plenty of analytics that companies can do based on
public mailing lists, and I don't think a public forum is any different in
that regard unless you include confidential info in your profile.

  David