[vtkusers] Using vtkProbeFilter to sample values of NIFTI volume onto surface

M. Jordan mjordan at live.at
Fri Feb 22 05:46:14 EST 2019

Hi,

i have a fMRI NIFTI volume whereby each voxel value corresponds to a statistical value. I am using the vtkProbeFilter to show the activation on the
corresponding brain surface. The results looks pretty good but I would like to understand what is really going on when using the vtkProbeFilter.

Assumed that I specify a tolerance value of 10.0, how the filter determines the corresponding scalar value for a certain surface vertex?
Is the filter simply assigning the value of the closest voxel to the vertex? Or is the filter averaging all values within the specified tolerance?

Thank you!

Regards, Michael