[vtkusers] Equation Rendering Using Python

akaszynski akascap at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 05:48:44 EST 2019

While I could rebuild vtk locally, I’m building a python module that assumes
the user only has access to the python wheel built for vtk on PyPi, which
hasn’t included support for equation rendering.

Regardless, I can still generate rendered equations and even feed it into a
vtkImageData object.  Is there an example of how I can connect this object
to an existing text label or text property?  This appears to be the approach
that’s used internally by vtk to take externally rendered images and place
them where plain text would normally be.

Examples in Python or C++ (really any language) would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help!