[vtkusers] Any way to use GPU to make faster performance?

Paulo Carvalho paulo.r.m.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 06:43:07 EDT 2019

Hello,

     First, make sure all your graphics drivers are up-to-date.  Also,
check support for the features used by you program in your graphics card
itself.  It is a good practice in your code to query feature support before
using them.  Attempt to used an unsupported feature will either result in a
crash due to unhandled error or a default implementation in software
(results in severe performance penalty).  If you're a CUDA developer, you
can take a look at this:
https://devblogs.nvidia.com/how-query-device-properties-and-handle-errors-cuda-cc/
It's 7 years old, but worth reading.  Other API have similar feature query
and error handling calls.

good luck,

Paulo