[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] Discussion: OK to change VTK's version number from 9.0 to 8.2?

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 23:44:22 EDT 2018

I mean a # that increments nightly. Resets to 0 when a the revision
number changes.

Major.Minor.Patch.Build

Right now if a new class is added you there is no way to know from the
version when it was added.

I think we used to do this in vtk...

Back in April 2008 a nightly build increment was stopped

Bill

--
Unpaid intern in BillsParadise at noware dot com