[vtkusers] vtkLookupTable crashes in release mode. VTK8.1.1

andyjk andrewkeeling at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 04:04:03 EDT 2018

Hi

This appears to be the same issue as I was having here:
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Reverse-color-in-vtkScalarsToColors-tp5741412.html

As a minimal example:

vtkSmartPointer<vtkLookupTable> myTable =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkLookupTable>::New();
		myTable->SetRange(0,100);
		//myTable->SetHueRange(0.667, 0); // CRASH! Unless in relwithdebug
		myTable->Build();

It doesn't matter what order you put things. In release mode VTK 8.1.1 will
crash with the above example if you uncomment the SetHueRange. It will run
fine in ReleaseWithDebugInfo mode.

>From the other thread, it seems that VTK internally must not be explicitly
setting some variable to '0' (whereas in RelWithDebug the compiler does this
for us).

So I think this is a VTK logical 'bug' in vtkLookUpTable or one of its
subclasses, where a member variable is not explicitly set?

Andy