[vtkusers] Good day

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Sep 24 10:25:01 EDT 2018

VTK 6.0 split up the old kits into finer grained modules so that
applications can be more selective about what parts of VTK they need.
Thess pages explain the code changes you need to make to an old application
to build against post 6.0 VTK.

https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Build_System_Migration
https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/VTK_6_Migration_Guide

In particular, if you are not using CMake for your project, pay attention
to the implementation modules discussion and the new compiler flags you
need to add to avoid null from New() runtime failure.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer
21 Corporate Drive