[vtkusers] Problems Installing Required VTK Components

Anthony.Iyoho at L3T.com Anthony.Iyoho at L3T.com
Thu Sep 20 16:03:11 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to install the latest version of VTK (8.1.1) using Cmake 3.12.2 on Windows 10 (64 bit). The reason, a specific Java GUI that I'm trying to run requires VTK.

I'm running into issues because the GUI requires 'vtkTransform', 'vtkJavaMemoryManagerImpl', 'vtkLinearTransorm','vtkAbstractTransform' and a few others, which I probably don't need to all name. However, when I run CMAKE to configure/generate, no dll is created for these particular required files.

I get the following errors in the command window:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: vtk.vtkTransform.GetClassName_0()Ljava/lang/String;
        at vtk.vtkTransform.GetClassName_0(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkTransform.GetClassName(vtkTransform.java:12)
        at vtk.vtkJavaMemoryManagerImpl.registerJavaObject(vtkJavaMemoryManagerImpl.java:85)
        at vtk.vtkObjectBase.<init>(vtkObjectBase.java:44)
        at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:94)
        at vtk.vtkAbstractTransform.<init>(vtkAbstractTransform.java:134)
        at vtk.vtkHomogeneousTransform.<init>(vtkHomogeneousTransform.java:50)
        at vtk.vtkLinearTransform.<init>(vtkLinearTransform.java:110)
        at vtk.vtkTransform.<init>(vtkTransform.java:198)

My question, is there some setting within CMAKE or in the VTK files to get these other files created?

Thanks so much!

------------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is proprietary, confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected or restricted under applicable government laws. Any review, disclosure, distributing or other use without expressed permission of the sender is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies without reading, printing, or saving..