[vtkusers] How to build a "Stratified Sampling" project?

pnt1614 minpu.code at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 21:11:12 EDT 2018

I am using CMake 3.11.4, VTK 8.1.1, Visual studio 2015 on Windows 10 64 bits
and I try to build the "Stratified Sampling" project
(http://www.vtkjournal.org/browse/publication/719). It looks like there is a
difference between the current VTK version (8.1.1) and the old VTK version
used to make this project, there are the following errors.

1. Old syntax
2. Missing file (error.h)
3. vtkHybrid.lib

I can solve the first problem and skip the error.h file but I do not where
to find the vtkHybrid.lib. I have searched the VTK versions 6.3 but there is
no such library named vtkHybrid.lib.

The CMakeLists.txt's content is:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

Project(StratifiedSampling)
ENABLE_TESTING()

FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${VTK_USE_FILE})

SET(BUILD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN OFF CACHE BOOL "Build Paraview plugin?")

SET(sources boxbox.cpp
diffuse.cc
edgeflip.cc
faceflip.cc
filter.cc
ICP.cc
KDtree.cc
lmsmooth.cc
pointsample.cpp
remove.cc
reorder_verts.cc
sample.cpp
stratify.cpp
subdiv.cc
tribox.cpp
TriMesh.cc
TriMesh_bounding.cc
TriMesh_connectivity.cc
TriMesh_curvature.cc
TriMesh_grid.cc
TriMesh_normals.cc
TriMesh_pointareas.cc
TriMesh_stats.cc
TriMesh_tstrips.cc)

if(BUILD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN)
FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES} ../)

ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(StratifiedSamplingPlugin "1.0"
  SERVER_MANAGER_XML vtkStratifiedSampling.xml
SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkStratifiedSampling.cxx
SERVER_SOURCES boxbox.cpp diffuse.cc edgeflip.cc faceflip.cc filter.cc
ICP.cc KDtree.cc lmsmooth.cc pointsample.cpp remove.cc reorder_verts.cc
sample.cpp stratify.cpp subdiv.cc tribox.cpp TriMesh.cc TriMesh_bounding.cc
TriMesh_connectivity.cc TriMesh_curvature.cc TriMesh_grid.cc
TriMesh_normals.cc TriMesh_pointareas.cc TriMesh_stats.cc TriMesh_tstrips.cc
)

endif(BUILD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(StratifiedSampling  vtkStratifiedSampling.cxx main.cpp
${sources}
)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(StratifiedSampling vtkHybrid)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(Test Test.cxx vtkStratifiedSampling.cxx
${sources})
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(Test vtkHybrid)

ADD_TEST(StratifiedSamplingTest Test)

So how can I build this project and use the vtkStratiedSampling class in my
own project?. Is there anyone experienced this problem? Please, help me.

Thank you.