[vtkusers] QVTKWidget render artefact

Brett Ables brett.ables at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 00:37:39 EDT 2018

I have a related question then. So for using vtk with pyqt I'm doing
something similar to this example, except modified for pyqt5:

https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/Widgets/EmbedPyQt

Should I be using QVTKOpenGLWidget instead of the QVTKRenderWindowInteractor
with a QFrame? Everything seems to work fine for me. Does the OpenGL widget
have better performance? I've read on kitware blogs that there were recent
OpenGL rendering improvements, but I assumed I was already benefiting from
those since I'm on a recent version acquired through pip or conda.

Thanks!