[vtkusers] Drawing custom image with depth buffer and a translucent plane

Pato Sandana patricio.sandana at synopsys.com
Fri Oct 12 16:13:52 EDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to draw a vtkVolume and a vtkPlaneWidget both intersecting and the vtkPlaneWidget is translucent. I cannot achieve that, either the plane is totally behind or front.

For a vtkActor with the same box extent this works.

I tried to get the z-buffer from the context using vtkRenderer::GetZbufferData() method, but I only get 1s. (Is this correct?)
I also tried to write the z-buffer data I got with vtkRenderer::SetZbuferData() method, but the plane is still behind.

Any hints how to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pato Sandaña
TCAD Senior R&D Engineer
Synopsys Inc. - Santiago, Chile