[vtkusers] VTK with OpenVR on Linux (HTC Vive)

deubel at dornheim-medical-images.com deubel at dornheim-medical-images.com
Tue Oct 9 07:55:29 EDT 2018

Dear Ken,
I finally managed to get my code building and running on both Windows and Linux.
You can find it here:
https://transfer.sh/gJ1Sg/vtkOpenVRHelloWorld.zip (https://transfer.sh/gJ1Sg/vtkOpenVRHelloWorld.zip)

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the latest VTK-Version from https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk (https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk)
After some testing, I found the first commit it doesn't build with: https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/commit/61bc6b5b4b8f0d2d111f6c10af3dd79488f919cc (https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/commit/61bc6b5b4b8f0d2d111f6c10af3dd79488f919cc)
(VTK builds, but my program doesn't build with this VTK Version)

Even though I already use the vtkOpenVR* classes explicitly, it doesn't build.
Is there something else I have to change to make it compatible?

Make produces the following Linker error:

[ 50%] Linking CXX executable vtkOpenVRHelloWorld
CMakeFiles/vtkOpenVRHelloWorld.dir/CylinderRenderingProperties.cxx.o: In function `vtkRenderingOpenGL2_AutoInit::vtkRenderingOpenGL2_AutoInit()':
/media/max/home/max/build-vtk-current-master-Desktop_Qt_5_11_2_GCC_64bit-Default/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkRenderingOpenGL2Module.h:47: undefined reference to `vtkRenderingOpenVR_AutoInit_Construct()'
CMakeFiles/vtkOpenVRHelloWorld.dir/CylinderRenderingProperties.cxx.o: In function `vtkRenderingOpenGL2_AutoInit::~vtkRenderingOpenGL2_AutoInit()':
/media/max/home/max/build-vtk-current-master-Desktop_Qt_5_11_2_GCC_64bit-Default/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkRenderingOpenGL2Module.h:47: undefined reference to `vtkRenderingOpenVR_AutoInit_Destruct()'

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Max.D.