[vtkusers] Correct use of vtkClipVolume in volume rendering?

SevPuch spuchals at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 04:09:49 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

It is indeed a basic question but I've striven to find any example or
explanation in the mailing list or forum or stack overflow concerning this.

I have a .mhd file that I render in volume following the medical volume
rendering example.

I'd like to implement volume exploration for this, so I think about using a
plane (then spheres etc.) to clip the volume.
But my following code has no effect, and I guess I need to use
vtkClipVolume, but there zero information about how to use it in the
documentation.

  Code :
//Plane clipping
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPlane> cuttingPlane =
  vtkSmartPointer<vtkPlane>::New();
cuttingPlane->SetOrigin(0, 0, 0);

volumeMapper->AddClippingPlane(cuttingPlane);

Thank you very much for your help,
I find learning VTK is drastically slowed down because of missing
information.
Severin