[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] Discussion: OK to change VTK's version number from 9.0 to 8.2?

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jcfr at kitware.com
Tue Oct 2 13:16:03 EDT 2018

Hi Folks,

My apology for answering late, I was literally our of town without any
connection for the past two weeks and didn't have a chance to comment
earlier.

While 3D Slicer itself can easily be updated, there are projects that build
against 3D Slicer and/or dependent on 3D Slicer while supporting being
built against different of VTK. To avoid the burden of updating each one of
these projects, I am writing an email to the list to check if others would
support reverting back to version 9.0.0 ?

Thanks
Jc