[vtkusers] Solid Voxelization with VTK

Berti Krüger berti_krueger at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:49:02 EDT 2018

Hi David,

thanks again.

I am sorry, i don't want to get on your nerves. I know that all of you have a lot of work to do yourselves and i am thankful for every effort everybody takes on this mailing list in helping others and especially for your support in my problem.

You are right in that since vtk is an open source project everybody can look at the code if the documentation alone is not clear enough to them.

But as a vtk beginner, what i found out though is, that the amount of comments in the vtk filter classes vary a lot. While some classes are self explanatory, greatly commented and have some example code in the github repository others can require more research.

Then some of the classes are self-contained where reading the source code of the class alone is enough, others depend on a lot of other vtk classes and you have to read through nearly all of them or at least the corresponding class documentation to get to know what is going on which can take a long time.

So your explanation that it computes an unsigned distance to the actual polygon is completely to the point and is all what i wanted to know and saved me a lot of time.

Cheers,

Berti