[vtkusers] Set orientation of a clipped cone

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Nov 29 16:16:26 EST 2018

I want to be able to render many clipped cones.  I've been playing with the capclip.cxx example, changing from sphereSource to coneSource.  The clipActor created can be given position, and scaled, but I can't see how to set its orientation.  It does have a member function setOrientation(double a[3]), but when I invoke this with a = (0,1,0) nothing happens (the default orientation of the cone is (1,0,0)).

Is it possible to set the orientation of an actor that uses a mapper created from a clipped polydata?

Thanks

Gib