[vtkusers] Moving Renderer to another Window

Matthew Troke matthew.troke at avalonholographics.com
Fri Nov 23 11:00:00 EST 2018

Once a vtkRenderer is attached to a vtkRenderWindow, can it be removed and
added to a another vtkRenderWindow temporarily to perform an operation in
isolation?

Here is what I tried:
- removed renderer from its current window with RemoveRenderer()
- created a new vtkRenderWindow with vtkNew and added renderer with
AddRenderer()
- I called a method on the renderer (which is my own derived class of
vtkOpenGLRenderer); inside this method, I create a new vtkTextureObject
using the context from the renderwindow and Create2DFromRaw(). This method
fails with an exception in vtkTextureObject::Bind() (Handle is null)

If I don't remove and add the renderer to another window, I don't get the
exception.

--
Matthew Troke
Software Engineer
Email: matthew.troke at avalonholographics.com

--
_This email and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the information