[vtkusers] Mayavi and VTK

Fahlgren, Eric eric.fahlgren at smith-nephew.com
Wed Nov 21 09:37:43 EST 2018

Peter,

The old VTK .exe installers don’t create a manifest in the python site-packages directory (which is what pip uses to recognize their installation and to resolve dependencies).

You might try “pip install --no-deps mayavi” and see if that works.  If it shows other dependencies, then you’ll need to install those separately as in “pip install <other-dep>”.

Eric