[vtkusers] reading/writing vtkMultiBlockData xml from/to string/stream

Andreas Buykx A.Buykx at dianafea.com
Wed Nov 7 10:48:08 EST 2018

Hi,

vtkXMLReader and vtkXMLWriter allow to read from and write to a string instead of a file. I tried to use this for a vtkMultiBlockDataSet but it doesn't work as I expected which was that the entire data object gets written to the string. Instead only the composite structe, i.e. what would be normally written in the vtm-file is written to the string, the blocks are still written to file. Am I doing something wrong and is there another way to serialize the whole multiblock dataset to a string, or should I register this as an issue?

Thanks!
Andreas

DIANA FEA BV
Software Developers and Analysis Consultants for Civil and Geotechnical Engineering

Delftechpark 19a, 2628XJ, Delft, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 88 34262 15 (Direct) │ Tel: +31 88 34262 00 (Switchboard) │ Fax: +31 88 34262 99
http://dianafea.com<http://dianafea.com/>