[vtkusers] missing vtk library for vtk5 compilation

Idayat Salako isalako1 at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 12:36:52 EST 2018

Hi,
Thanks David and Fcs. The generator/compiler was the issue; VTK 5.10 is
compatible with visual studio 2012.

For anyone interested:
Steps for installing vtk in windows using cmake
1. steps: (https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Building/Windows) (or video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgvbhyDh8r0)
2. generator/compiler appropriate for any particular cmake version: (
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.4/manual/cmake-generators.7.html#visual-studio-generators
)
3. advisable to install visual studio in the order of release (
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/support/vs2015/installing-multiple-versions-visual-studio-side-side/
)

Thank you
Idayat Salako

***Whoever wakes up in the morning and is safe in his home, in good health
and has enough provision for the day, it is as if he has all the good
things of this world [HadithTirmidhi 2346]***