[vtkusers] the problem of vtkRenderWindow

Franks masterwangzx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 06:05:01 EST 2018

Hi list
    When I execute the following code on Manjora(based on Arch Linux), it
display two windows. One can interact with mouse, the other can not. But I
execute the same code on win10, it display one window as I wish.
    I solve this problem by put /renWin->Render();/ behind the
/interactor->SetRenderWindow(renWin);/. But I want to know why.

the following code display two windows on linux

    auto renWin = vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow>::New();
    renWin->AddRenderer(renderer);
    renWin->Render();

    auto interactor = vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindowInteractor>::New();
    interactor->SetRenderWindow(renWin);
    auto style = vtkSmartPointer<vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera>::New();
    interactor->SetInteractorStyle(style);

    interactor->Initialize();
    interactor->Start();

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342588/Screenshot_20181106_091229.png>

the following code display one window

    auto renWin = vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindow>::New();
    renWin->AddRenderer(renderer);

    auto interactor = vtkSmartPointer<vtkRenderWindowInteractor>::New();
    interactor->SetRenderWindow(renWin);
    auto style = vtkSmartPointer<vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera>::New();
    interactor->SetInteractorStyle(style);

    renWin->Render();

    interactor->Initialize();
    interactor->Start();