[vtkusers] Orthographic projection onto arbitrary plane

smurphy sebastien.murphy at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:49:00 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am (desperately) trying to make an orthographic projection in a plane of a
geometry (see picture attached).
The only help I can find online is this thread so I am replying to this old
post.
I tried to do the following code but without success. It simply place the
camera in the correct position but does not actually make the
transformation. Am I missing a line, should I pass the transform to the
camera in a certain way?
Thanks a lot,
Sebastien

#center of the geometry volume is 0,0, -500
FocalPoint=[0,0,-500]
Position=[0,0,-500]
ViewUp=[0,0,-500]
Transform=vtk.vtkPerspectiveTransform()
Transform.SetupCamera(Position, FocalPoint, ViewUp)
Transform.Ortho(-1000,1000,-1500,1500,-500,500)
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342442/Screen_Shot_2018-05-31_at_16.png>