[vtkusers] vtkChartHistogram2D use case

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu May 31 09:45:57 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 5:38 PM, BBerco <bebe0705 at colorado.edu> wrote:

> I am trying to use an instance of vtkChartHistogram2D to visualize a
> vtkImageData. I think it is a possibility in VTK given the partial example
> on page 48 of this document
> <https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/presentation/a2bd/
> c9861a548bb1e8807a1d39b43e526a7c4564.pdf>
> .
>
> Unfortunately, the above example is incomplete, and replicating it has been
> unsuccessful. Below is what I have so far: a QVTKOpenGLWidget sharing a
> vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow with a vtkContextView.
>
> Any advice?

I wrote a number of tests for the charts, such as this one which is fully
functional with image regression testing,

https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/master/Charts/Core/Testing/Cxx/TestHistogram2D.cxx

It shows all elements including using a vtkImageData in the plot. You
should be able to use that as a starting point, and adapt.