[vtkusers] Understanding vtkSmartPointers

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed May 30 11:07:30 EDT 2018

Hi Andrew,

To the best of my knowledge the examples require backward compatibility,
and so I couldn't show the "best" form for people who dislike calling
.Get() until the minimum is bumped to VTK 8.1.0 I think. Most of my work is
done on that, or even more recent SHAs, so I don't think about it too much.

Is there an answer for this, can we make an example that requires 8.1+, as
we add more new features it seems like a reasonable request. I am really
swamped right now, but was hoping to get to some charting examples too.

Thanks,

Marcus