[vtkusers] Deprecate vtkGeo* classes (Sankhesh Jhaveri)

zmantorn zmanvortex at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:13:42 EDT 2018

I use several of these classes in my weather radar application. I use
vtkGlobeSource to visualize the curvature of the earth with respect to the
radar data. I also use vtkGeoAssignCoordinates to convert my map data
(roads, cities) from lat,lon coordinates into world coordinates. I realize I
may be the only one using these classes, but if they were deprecated I would
have 3 options: 1. Quit using the latest vtk sources and stick with the last
release that supported these classes. 2. Have a custom version of vtk that
included the classes I use (I would have to repeat this with every vtk
release). 3. Quit using vtk and look for another library that supports earth
rendering features.

Thanks.