[vtkusers] VTK 8.1 in Ubuntu 16.04

Aida Ninyerola aida.ninyerola at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:52:22 EDT 2018

Hi,

I've built VTK 8.1 in Ubuntu 16.04 without problems. Now that I'm trying to
build my project I've found a problem that I think could be related with
VTK compilation.

One it's a warning:
/usr/local/include/vtk-8.1/vtkOStrStreamWrapper.h:45:25: warning: override
controls (override/final) only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11

And the error appears as
/usr/local/include/vtk-8.1/vtkWeakPointerBase.h:39:33: error: ‘nullptr’ was
not declared in this scope

I've tried to find a solution and all I found was related to c++11 but I'm
afraid that my low level of C++ expertise doesn't allow me to correctly
edit ccmake options to built VTK 8.1 with c++11 support (if this is the
real problem).

Is this error a result of an incorrect VTK compilation? How can I avoid
this error?

Many thanks,
Aida