[vtkusers] Text does not appear to be working, in particular vtkCaptionActor2D

Gaiajack babybishops at gmail.com
Mon May 28 16:16:34 EDT 2018

I'm using the Python library version 6.3 with Python 2.7. I've been having
trouble getting text to appear. For example, using this code:

https://www.vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Rendering/Annotation/Testing/Python/TestCaptionActor.py

the text labels do not appear for me. I did have to add iren.Start() to the
script, right before renWin.Render(), so that the window would stay open,
but other than I ran the code as-is. The program runs without errors, and I
can see a sphere with a red arrow coming out of it, but no text.

Any ideas?