[vtkusers] Cannot use vtkConnectivty on GroupDataSet

Robert Sawko robertsawko at gmail.com
Wed May 23 05:24:31 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am trying with ParaView to create a test data set for my VTK application.
I simply want three spheres with varying radius. The application operates on
vtk contour plots that are produced by OpenFOAM. Using vtkConnectivityFilter
it computes disjoint surfaces and then it iterates over each surface to
obtain mass properties: volume and surface area.

In order to create my data set I use sources in ParaView to create three
disjoint spheres and I combine them into a single set by GroupDatasets
filter. Then I use SaveData and save into .vtm file format. If I try to
apply Connectivity on the group it find sonly one group even though spheres
are clearly disjoint. I tried various extract filters, but I am clearly
missing something.

Connectivity does work on my "production" data, but just not my mock set
constructed through PV sources and GroupDatasets. I would like to understand
why that happens and if there's a correct way of producing my three sphere
data set.

Thanks.