[vtkusers] vtksmartvolumemapper issues

mark.ostroot at lickenbrocktech.com mark.ostroot at lickenbrocktech.com
Tue May 15 11:42:14 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I am updating some old vtk 6.3 code to vtk 8.1, Currently the older code uses vtksmartvolumemapper, I am running into a run time error with a new smart pointer.

my code:

#include <vtkSmartVolumeMapper.h>
..
..
..
vtkSmartPointer<vtkSmartVolumeMapper> vMapper  = vtkSmartPointer<vtkSmartVolumeMapper>::New();    < = this breaks with unhandled exception at (vtkRenderingVolume-8.1.dll) Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000

The code compiles, but I hit this run time exception on execution. I don't believe the smartvolumemapper has been deprecated, does anyone have any idea of what I am doing wrong?