[vtkusers] Remove duplicate triangles in vtkPolyData

Grothausmann, Roman Dr. grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Fri May 4 06:47:50 EDT 2018

Hi Kenichiro,

Your filter also helped me. As Luca, I strongly vote for contributing that as a
new filter for VTK. It seems You already have an account on gitlab.kitware.com,
tough I could not find Your code on GitLab nor GitHub. To contribute via a PR on
gitlab.kitware.com You cold just add your code to a clone of the current VTK
master and push your additions to create a PR from. Let me know if you need more
help on that. It would really be a pity if such a useful implementation would
stay outside VTK.

Best,
Roman

On 26/05/17 06:06, kenichiro yoshimi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a filter to remove duplicate polygons which is created with
> reference to the filter vtkCleanUnstructuredGridCells in ParaView. I
> have attached the sample. I hope this will help you in some way.
>
> Thanks,

>> Good morning,
>> I would like to know if there any VTK (7.0) class to remove duplicate
>> triangles in a vtkPolyData. Actually, the duplicate triangles are the output
>> of the following pipeline:
>>
>> vtkUnstructuredGrid -> vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter
>>
>> My original  data is a geological layer which can have zero thickness in
>> some portions. When this happens, vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter returns a
>> vtkPolyData mesh with duplicated triangles. When I apply vtkPolyDataNormals
>> to this mesh, the duplicated triangles do not appear smooth. So I though I
>> could use vtkCleanPolyData, but it did not work.
>>
>>   Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>>        Luca Pallozzi Lavorante

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie
OE 4120, Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1, 30625 Hannover, Deutschland

Tel. +49 511 532-2900
grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
http://www.mh-hannover.de/anatomie.html